Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 11:52:13 AM(UTC)

swezey  
swezey

Groups: Registered

Hi. new here... We are a scanning company and a guy who is long gone built a scanning application for us using LeadTools. I don't know what version but I can maybe figure it out with some help. Anyway, we are now in the process of upgrading our (VERY old) PC's, We went with a reasonably priced Dell model some with Core i7 and some with Core i5 (using the i7 on the scan stations for better throughput). LITERALLY THE SAME MODEL MACHINE except for the CPU. We put two machines side by side and the i7 will load our app and run fine. The i5 loads and runs until it is time to display an image and then throws this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Drawing.dil' or one of its dependencies.
The specified module could not be found.
at Vital.WinForms.ImageViewer.WpfImageViewer.ctor0
at
Vital.Actions.Interface.Imaging.lmageViewControlSupport.Init_ImageViewControl (Tabltem sourceControl) in C:\Users\eknorowski\OneDrive - Data Management Internationale\Code2019\QuestCode.x64\Vital.Actions.Interface.lmaging
Vital.Interface.Imaging\ImageViewControlSupport.vb:line 28
at Vital.Actions.Interface.Imaging.ShowRecord.ImageStuff(Record& recordinfo) in
C: Users\eknorowski\OneDrive - Data Management Internationale\Code2019
\QuestCode.x64\Vital.Actions.Interface.Imaging\Vital.Interface.Imaging
ShowRecord.vb:line 408
at Vital.Actions.Interface.Imaging.ShowRecord.Run(MyViewModelClassBase&
myNode) in C:\Users\eknorowski\OneDrive - Data Management Internationale \Code2019\QuestCode.x64\Vital.Actions.Interface.Imaging\Vital.Interface.Imaging
(ShowRecord.vb:line 145

The machines were literally set up next to each other using the same process. One PC works and one doesn't. We have repeated this exercise over and over and have no idea why some PC's run this app fine and others get this error. Does ANYONE have any kind of clue or place to look or something to try? I have literally 4 or 5 PC's laying around that are ALL Dell and will NOT run this program! If I need to buy all Core i7 machine then fine but what the heck would a different CPU matter of the same generation machine? I'm not a programmer. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Bill

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 3:41:27 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hello,

I have reached out to you via email for additional information.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 2:34:35 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hello,

Thank you for providing the additional information. Regarding your issue, if it functions in one deployment environment and not another, this typically indicates a missing framework or dependency issue. As I believe you're currently using v17.5, see our documentation on "Files to be Included with your Application" for this version.
https://www.leadtools.co...withyourapplication.html

One troubleshooting technique you can utilize is to run Process Explorer on one of the workstations which functions as intended and note the libraries which are loaded by the application. Then, ensure the other machine has access to the same libraries as well.

This is a free utility from Microsoft that you can download here:
http://technet.microsoft...sinternals/bb896653.aspx

Process Explorer will show you at runtime what DLLs or handles a process has loaded at that given time. It's basically a two part application - on top is the process tree where you have to find your application. If the bottom pane is enabled, the utility will output the DLL/handle list there.

To see the DLLs, click on View -> Lower Pane View -> DLLs.
To see the path of the DLLs, click on View -> Select Columns, go to the DLL tab, and select the Path checkbox.
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo