LEAD Technologies is very pleased to introduce LEADTOOLS Version 22. LEADTOOLS has continued to raise the standard of innovative technologies for 34+ years and there is no end in sight. This release is highlighted by new libraries and features that are found within LEAD's Document, Recognition, Medical, Imaging, and Multimedia technologies.
What's new in the LEADTOOLS Document Engine
LEADTOOLS Document Engine libraries and binaries as well as our fully-sourced demos are built with .NET 6+ as the target runtime.
With minimal code, developers that leverage the Document Viewer can create user-interfaces to enter data into PDF Form Fields.
Programmers leveraging the LEADTOOLS Document Viewer in their applications are able to view, convert, compose, edit, compare and now also sign documents. With the NEW eSignature support, developers can easily add simple signature images to documents and PDFs. For those looking to take verification and security further, this can be combined with our certificate-based digital signature support to guarantee that the document has not been manipulated.
- Supports loading, editing, and saving formats, such as DOC/DOCX, PDF, RTF, and TXT without additional third-party software
- Includes rich document-editing capabilities, such as text search and replace, undo and redo, clipboard (cut, copy, and paste), ruler, fonts and styles, paragraph styles, text alignment, bulleted and numbered lists, images with text wrapping options, tables with split and merged cells, nested tables, and border styles, hyperlinks, headers and footers, page breaks, and keyboard shortcuts
- Easy to integrate into existing solutions and workflows
Document Editor Data Streaming
The LEADTOOLS Document Editor can stream document data between the client and the server. This improves the end-user's experience when loading and editing large multi-page files by becoming interactive sooner and providing a means for the end-user to cancel the stream.
Combine Speech Recognition and Document Editing
Now with speech recognition, the Editor enables users to transcribe audio to text, edit the result, and save to one of many formats including PDF, DOCX, and TXT. No server computing required! All of this functionality is performed locally in the browser eliminating any issues that slow network connections cause for web applications. Be sure to check out our full post on Speech Recognition for an in-depth look into how it is used within the Edit SDK.
- Office format decryption - LEADTOOLS can decrypt DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, and PPT/PPTX files
- New option to show hidden PowerPoint slides
- Improved rendering of PowerPoint slides, especially when dealing with master and layout slide relationships
- Load spreadsheets saved as XLSB (Excel Binary)
- Major enhancements have been made to the rendering of PST, MSG, and EML formats
- Load and render text files with ANSI, UTF7, UTF8, UTF16LE, UTF16BE encoding
- Enhanced font embedding techniques, which result in better conversion to PDF/A files
- Expanded PDF digital signature support to Java for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Parse and update AcroForms fields and data
Added PDF Form Field support
- Text Box
- Check Box
- Radio Button
- List Box
- Combo Box (also referred to as Drop-down List or Select List)
What's new in the LEADTOOLS Recognition Engine
LEADTOOLS Recognition Engine libraries and binaries as well as our fully-sourced demos are built with .NET 6+ as the target runtime.
The ID Reader SDK intelligently and automatically extracts data from live streams and scanned photos of id cards without requiring a structured layout.
- Automatically extracts data from mobile device live streams and photos
- Performs deep analysis to ensure that information is not missed
- Also supports AAMVA barcode decoding
The LEADTOOLS ICR SDK is now available for .NET 6+, Java, Swift, and Objective-C.
- Available for Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Support for hand-printed and cursive handwriting
- Automatically detect and label handwritten text zones
- Improved accuracy for uppercase and lowercase characters, numerals, punctuation, and symbols
- Automatic preprocessing which handles noisy and low-resolution images
- Integrated dictionaries to improve accuracy
- Process color and bitonal images
- Output to the most popular document formats such as PDF, DOCX, HTML, and Text
Comprehensive reports for text results:
- Italic fonts
- Character size, location, and baseline
- Positional attributes, including end of word, end of line, and end of paragraph
- Text line assembling and word construction
- Column finding
- Baseline detection and text line segmentation
- Confidence values
OCR and ICR Enhancements
- New noise removal techniques to improve detection of zones and recognition results
- New noise removal techniques automatically enhance the recognition of barcodes in images with noise
- Speed and detection optimizations for all QR Barcode types with major enhancements made to the detection of perspective distorted and skewed QR barcodes for all modules and versions
- The Forms Recognition Engine's Barcode Object Manager was updated and enhanced to more quickly and accurately determine the master form to use for a filled form based on barcodes found on the forms
- The Forms Processing Engine's table field extraction was updated to more accurately detect the table and row bounds and improved to handle more unorthodox table formats
What's new in the LEADTOOLS Medical Engine
- Users can now run multiple instances of the LEADTOOLS DICOM Storage Server to scale up to handle an almost unlimited number of connections
- New temporary file options to help control costs in a virtual environment
- New filter options to process the logs
- Faster TLS secured connections
- Added support to run the storage server as a service using Automatic, delayed-start start-up type
- Added options to specify the number of forward attempts when configured to forward to another DICOM server
The LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer has received several updates, including:
- Magnify-glass now supports higher-resolution region of interest
- Enhanced algorithms to improve quality when resizing curved MPR shapes
- Improved single/double cutline feature to allow two perpendicular lines to be cut on the 3D volume and extract the cutline slices
- Support for Virtual Cephalometric rendering: which is a new 3D rendering technique to show a sagittal X-ray version of a volume
- Patient’s positioning can be adjusted post-capture for better alignment, reducing the need for re-takes
- Support for paraxial slicing: which are slices that are perpendicular to the panoramic curve, including the ability to control the size and location with the mouse
- Optional server-side window level
- CTR measurement tool to calculate the cardiothoracic ratio
- Histogram control box provides a tool to users to dynamically adjust the image window level
- Annotations and customized patient/study information can now be included when exporting to PDF
- Calibrated images can be preserved and saved as derived series
- New methods for loading DICOM files that comply with the DICOM standard and WADO (DICOMWeb)
Updated LEADTOOLS to the latest DICOM Tags, DICOM UIDs, DICOM IODs, DICOM Modules, and DICOM Context Groups to those in the 2021 DICOM Specification.
DICOM Watchdog Demo
This service demo monitors the health of a LEADTOOLS DICOM Listening service. The DICOM Watchdog can be configured to automatically restart the LEADTOOLS DICOM Listening service if it is no longer processing DICOM Messages.
HL7 Relay Demo
A HL7 Listener that can efficiently process large volumes of HL7 messages and quickly route the HL7 message to one or many locations.
What's new in the LEADTOOLS Imaging Engine
LEADTOOLS Imaging Engine libraries and binaries as well as our fully-sourced demos are built with .NET 6+ as the target runtime.
- Load and save HEIC/HEIF images
- Support for CGM ClearText encoding
- Web Picture (WebP)
- Excel Binary Workbook (XLSB)
What's new in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia Engine
LEADTOOLS Multimedia Engine libraries and binaries as well as our fully-sourced demos are built with .NET 6+ as the target runtime.
- The LEADTOOLS DirectShow players and converts can automatically rotate video captures from a rotated phone
- LEADTOOLS can play RTSP content that carries embedded MPEG-2 transport streams
- MXF Demultiplexer for MXF Generic Container video streams with H.264 video format
- Supports H.265 encoded camera streams
Changes to the LEADTOOLS Product Line
In Version 22, the following products have been added.
- LEADTOOLS Edit - includes all features of the LEADTOOLS Document product and adds the LEADTOOLS Document Editor control.
If you have any questions about the new product line or are upgrading from a previous LEADTOOLS version, please contact email@example.com